Amphetamines activate the central nervous system and are generally prescribed to manage conditions like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. Despite its benefits, Adderall is regularly abused for its pleasurable effects, which may develop into addiction. Even though ceasing use is difficult, it is achievable when you have the appropriate support. And the first step might be through a medically guided amphetamine detox near Boston.
How Can You Tell If You Need Adderall Detox In Boston?
Although amphetamines such as Adderall are known to be effective in addressing disorders like ADHD, they still are potentially unsafe stimulants with an undeniable probability for addiction. A tolerance may develop, specifically when taking more than what is intended or outside of a prescription. Eventually, you might struggle to stay focused and have problems [finishing tasks when not using an amphetamine.
You might have an amphetamine addiction if you:
- Experience withdrawal symptoms when not using
- Need to take more of the substance to get the desired effects
- Are not able to cease use despite troubling repercussions
- Spend a lot of time and money obtaining, consuming, or recovering from the stimulant
- Are unable to concentrate or be productive without using
Bear in mind, you don't have to encounter everything listed above to have a complication. Any one indication of addiction is all you need to look for support. Amphetamines are often hazardous, particularly when consumed for prolonged periods of time, in excessive doses, or combined with other drugs such as alcohol.
What Might You Expect From Amphetamines Detox in Boston?
Detox is the first stage of your recovery as the substance is cleared from your system. Amphetamine detox is a little different than other forms of detox, as there are no addiction treatment medications to assist you in tapering. However, our staff will administer a short-lived relaxant to minimize the intensity of withdrawal symptoms.
Adderall withdrawal symptoms may vary in severity and often emerge 3-5 days after ending use. Symptoms may include:
- Headaches and general discomfort
- Inability to concentrate
Your comfort is essential to a productive Adderall detox. Sunrise Detox helps you through the process with well-furnished bedrooms and restful resident lounges. You'll also sustain the energy needed for detox with healthy meals and around-the-clock access to beverages and snacks.
Although managing withdrawal is a big facet of amphetamines detox, being aware of your triggers for substance use will aid you in achieving long-term sobriety. Our team will help you uncover the causes of your addiction. Then we’ll help you craft a rehab plan so you can further develop what you learn during detox.
When you’re feeling better, you’ll be invited to participate in:
- Group therapy
- Personal therapy
- Peer support
- Family counseling
- Aftercare planning
How Long Will You Be In Adderall Detox in Boston?
Adderall detox can last up to five days but might be extended depending on your unique plan of treatment. The total timeframe will vary and is impacted by some different considerations, including:
- The level of your amphetamine use
- Your physical and mental condition
- How responsive you are to detox
- Existence of co-occurring disorders
- Any other substances in your body
As you near the end of detox, we’ll help you design an aftercare plan that could include residential rehab.
How We Maintain Your Safety During Amphetamines Detox in Boston
Sunrise Detox Millbury and Evolve Recovery Center Millbury are both part of the Praesum Healthcare family committed to helping individuals prevail over addiction. No matter where you are on the road to recovery, your safety will continue to be a leading priority.
We help keep you protected through:
- 24/7 support from credentialed professionals
- Customized plans of treatment to meet your precise needs
- Supervised settings away from outside factors that trigger substance use
- Aftercare planning to map out each stage of your recovery journey
- Strict patient privacy protocols to protect your personal data and treatment details